The following Terms & Conditions are a general guide only to the normal terms and conditions that apply to a Potter Travel tour. Customers are urged to check the specific terms and conditions of each particular tour with Potter Travel staff.
A deposit is required within 7 days of booking confirming your reservation. If no deposit is received, Potter Travel reserves the right to cancel the booking. Deposits will vary subject to the type and content of the tour in questions. Specific conditions are available by contacting the Potter Travel office. General conditions are as follows:
- Day Tours: the deposit is normally $20.00 per person but can vary subject to specific conditions relating to particular tours
- Showtime Tours: the deposit is the Ticket cost of the show or musical that is included on the tour and will be advised by Potter Travel. This amount is non-refundable upon cancellation unless show ticket can be successfully resold.
- Extended Tours: the deposit is generally around 10% of the tour costs but the actual deposit amount will be advised by Potter Travel. Tours with airfares or non-refundable tour content will include this component in the tour deposit and this will be advised by Potter Travel at the time of booking.
- Day & Showtime Tours: final payment is normally due 2 weeks prior to the departure date but can vary subject to specific conditions relating to particular tours.
- Extended Tours: final payment is normally due 45 days prior to the departure date but can vary subject to specific conditions relating to particular tours. Tours including overseas travel, airfares, cruises and carriers such as the Spirit Of Tasmania will have specific final payment conditions that will be advised by Potter Travel.
- Day & Showtime Tours: Cancellations or changes to day tours 7 days or less prior to the departure date will incur a cancellation fee of any pre-paid lunch or non-refundable tour component. Cancellations or changes 48 hours or less incur a 100% cancellation fee. If these conditions vary for a particular tour it will be noted on the front of the itinerary issued by the Potter Travel office when you book.
- Extended Tours: Cancellation conditions will vary for each tour depending on the tour content. Generally, reservations that are cancelled prior to the final payment date will generally receive a full refund of deposit less $50.00 administration fee, any pre-paid airfare deposit or non-refundable tour component required by a particular tour as part of the tour deposit. The $50.00 Potter Travel administration fee only occurs when a refund cheque is issued. There is no administration fee for funds transferred to another Potter Travel tour. Cancellations between 45 & 30 days from departure normally result in a 25% loss of the tour price. Cancellations between 30 & 15 days from departure normally result in a 50% loss of the tour price. Cancellations less than 15 days from departure normally result in a 100% loss of the tour price. No shows on day of departure or cancellations whilst on tour will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
- Day Tours: generally include morning and/or afternoon tea supplied from the coach, entry fees to all attractions and guided tours mentioned in itinerary, tickets to shows (if applicable) as shown in the itinerary, GST and luxury coach travel. Not Included: Alcoholic beverages or other drinks (except wine tasting), meals not specified or any items of a personal nature.
- Extended Tours: generally include dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation at the Hotels mentioned in the Itinerary, some lunches, morning and/or afternoon tea supplied from the coach, entry fees and/or guided tours to all attractions as mentioned in the itinerary, tickets to shows (if applicable), airfares (if applicable), luxury coach travel and GST. Meals are stated in the itinerary as B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner. Forced Singles are not permitted on our tours. If you wish to twin share you will need to organise your own travelling companion, otherwise single supplement is payable. Not Included: Alcoholic beverages or other drinks (except wine tasting), meals not specified, room service, telephone calls, some morning/afternoon teas or any items of a personal nature.
Potter Travel reserves the right to alter itineraries without notice due to weather, road conditions or any other reason which is seen to be in the best interest of passengers travelling. The price is subject to any changes imposed by other tour operators and carriers included in the itinerary. The operation and provision of services from other tour operators and carriers included in the itinerary is the responsibility of these operators and no responsibility is taken by Potter Travel for the failure of such operators to provide the nominated service.
No guarantees will be given as to the exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by Potter Travel. Drop offs may be in the opposite direction to the pickups depending on the touring route taken.
Daily seat rotation will take place on all extended tours, which all travellers must participate in as a condition of booking. Passengers suffering from motion sickness are advised to take the necessary precautions as seat rotation is compulsory.
Potter Travel accepts no responsibility for damage, loss of personal belongings or liability for delays, accidents, injury, irregularity or damage caused by other transport companies used for connecting tours operated by this company. Potter Travel reserves the right to cancel or postpone the tour due to insufficient numbers or as the result of circumstances outside the company’s control.
Potter Travel recommends that Travel Insurance be taken to protect against unforeseen circumstances. Travel Insurance is available through Potter Travel.
Important Notice Concerning Credit Card Holders
As the banking industry continues to impose a broad range of fees on bank transactions, it has come to the stage where Potter Travel can no longer absorb the merchant charges for all credit card transactions. From 01 October 2009, Potter Travel charges the *1.03% banking fee imposed by the bank on all credit card transactions. The charges will apply for partial or full payments by credit card. Cash, Cheque, Money Order and Eftpos payments will NOT incur any additional charges. *Subject to change, in accordance with National Australia Bank Flexipay Merchant Fees.
Where tours are fully booked any future enquiries will be put onto a waitlist and as cancellations occur the person at the top of the waitlist will be contacted first and offered the seat followed by the second, the third and so on. In the instance that you are unable to be contacted on a daytime telephone number, the seat will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.